GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
This policy will provide general liability coverage to the North Carolina Coaches Association and its high school and middle school members. Coverage is effective from Aug. 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022.
LIMITS OF INSURANCE
$1,000,000 Each Occurrence
$2,000,000 General Aggregate (per Member)
$1,000,000 Products/Completed Operations
$1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
$ 300,000 Fire Damage
$ 50,000 Sexual Abuse (per Member)
Excluded Medical Payments
Disclaimer: This is an insurance overview for summary purposes only; for complete policy terms and conditions, please refer to the NOCAD Master Policy.
COVERAGES PROVIDED BY THIS POLICY
• Educators Professional Liability
• Participant Legal Liability for insured members
• Liability assumed under insured written contract
• Defense Cost outside limits
• The use of automobiles, buses, watercraft and aircraft
• Property of others in the care, custody, and control of the insured
• This insurance does not apply to members that coach at an All-Star game that is not approved by your state coaches association
• This insurance does not apply to members working overnight camps
CAMP & CLINIC COVERAGE
Today, most coaches are involved in some type of sports camp. Please note that our General Liability Program follows insured members while working at camps and/or conducting their own personal camp.
In addition, Participant/Accident (Medical) coverage is available for coaches and/or participants. Should an accident occur during a camp, clinic or event, this secondary coverage helps offset the loss suffered by families affected by such accidents.
PROCEDURE FOR CAMP INSURANCE
• Signed waivers (registration form) must be in place for all participants attending camps. The waiver must have indemnification language and acknowledgement that primary medical insurance is in place for the participant.
• If you cannot secure such a waiver, you must purchase Participant/Accident (Medical) coverage for all attendees.
• If you require a certificate of insurance naming an additional insured, you must purchase the Participant/Accident (Medical) coverage for all participants attending your camp.
• If you require a certificate of insurance showing proof of insurance and have the required waiver in place, you do not have to purchase the Participant/Accident (Medical) coverage.